Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #91 (WMSC91).

This week, we have a one layer card challenge... seems easy, but it's not at all!! I had to do my card many times before being happy with the result... I tried to mix other colors in the frame, but no, it didn't look nice. So I ended with a very pinky card, but it could be perfect for a baby girl! I first stamped the beautiful doily from the Dainty Doilies stamp set. I then scored the frames and then stamped the background first with the Pic-Nic Patterns and then with the Gingham & Co stamp set. You can just imagine how stressful it was to stamp the last part of the gingham frame... I made it three times and then thought that this one would be the last!! I also used quite a lot of paper to mask the different parts I didn't want to be stamped... Well, the card doesn't look too bad... Just put some small white pearls on the doily, and here it is:


The card in the sunshine and look, we still have snow!


Here's the sketch of this week:

WMSC91

11 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, what wonderful stamping! I love all the different patterns you used, a great mix of stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, how did you stamp AND score that so perfectly??? It looks AMAZING! I need to study this one later, going to pin it on my pinterest board:) I love how it looks like many layers with all of the background images you chose! Awesome job, Anne-Elise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly! You should see the back of the card... it's full of lines drawn to help me score! I also needed a lot of paper to mask the different parts when I stamped the background... It would be nice to find you on Pinterest! :)

      Delete
  3. It's a beauty! Love the pastel colour! Hopefully spring will arrive soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lot of masking! But a stunning card - soo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You came up with a lovely design for your one layer card Anne-Elise! that doily stamping is so pretty - love the pinks! and what beautiful background stamping! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Wow! This is stunning and gorgeous! Who knew one layer could look this detailed and pretty. You did a wonderful job framing this and embellishing it! Gorgeous stamping as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I die!!!
    Who knew that a one layer could have so much detail and depth!!
    Your mix of backgrounds and scoring...
    absolutely stunning!!
    And that fabby doily with the pearls...
    just truly gorgeous! :)
    And I'm pinning this one...
    I gotta figure out how to do this! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anne- Elise - this is such a pretty card - I love how you used all the different background stamps and the gorgeous doily - and all in one layer - WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Anne-Elise, what a gorgeous card. I very much like how you stamped the different backgrounds in such a perfect way and all the work with masking the different parts was really worth it. And the doily in the middle is just so beautiful.

    With your embossed frames this card does not even look like a one layer card and I'm really impressed. I also made a card with a embossed frame, but I stamped only one background and already thought that was quite some work *lol*.

    Kind regards
    Carola

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! that doily stamp is one of my favorite , love the stamping and pink colors!
    thanks for joining us at wmsc.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your nice comments!