Saturday, March 31, 2012

Week #107 Bright & Beautiful Spring

Here's my card for my first challenge at The Shabby Tea Room:



I was inspired by this beautiful picture of Fran:




Fran asked us to create a card inspired by the photo using lilac, yellow, blue, kraft and a butterfly. I had this  idea in my head as soon as I saw the photo, but it took a very long time to do my card... I had to make the background twice, but I think it is quite nice now. The flowers are made with a Sizzix Flowers 3-D die and I painted them with Distress Ink (milled lavender). I also put a yellow brad in the middle of them. The background is made with the Waltzingmouse Gingham & Co stamp set and the little eggs from the Nestie Eggs stamp set. The heart on the little tag is from the Make Your Mark stamp set. The blue and the yellow butterflies are made with a Crealies die. I hope you like it!

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty.. Welcome to the Shaby Tea Room! We are glad to have you along and hope that you will play along with us every week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, lovely (les papillons)! :-) L

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your nice comments!